The “Mobile Revolution” has radically changed perspectives. It has enabled the User to be constantly connected to the world through one single device.
We are looking for an advocate for this Revolution. You will support your team in the definition of technical data and requirements, and you will define the most effective paths to follow that will lead to the most successful results. Your team is made up of people from different backgrounds - the perfect blend for successful mobile projects. We are talking about impactful apps and mobile platforms of innovative service and high-quality content that are going to be used by millions of users.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- Design and develop native apps in Obj-C/Swift for iOS devices
- Take care of the maintenance of the applications and compile a thorough documentation
- Pinpoint the best and most innovative development solutions
- Integrate services from third-party platforms (Social Networks, API vendors)
You will report to the CTO.
This is what we are looking for. There are crucial sets of skills and fundamental traits that we will go through together, while under “nice to have” we have listed some qualities we consider a plus, but not required.
- At least 1 to 3 years experience
- Level of Education: HS Degree, BA or higher
- The ability to find the right balance between best practice and constraints
- Receptiveness, and the ability to receive and process feedback both from the client and from the different departments within the agency
- The capacity to work in a diverse team and effectively manage client-oriented and internal projects
- Excellent communication skills, as that will enable you to write an easy-to-read software and convey its features to team members and other users
- Analytical yet creative approach to every phase of the project and a deep understanding of requirements, in order to come up with the best software components
- Fearless attitude towards unfamiliar frameworks. You learn quick and keep pace with technology changes
- A blend of detail-oriented and big-picture thinking, so that you, at any moment, know what you are working towards, and what to do should anything unexpected occur
- Sharp, logical thinking combined with proficiency in maths, abstractions & computational models
- Excellent command of the iOS platform and its structural patterns
- Proficiency in Obj-c and the latest iOS API
- Knowledge of the entire mobile ecosystem of the development on the major mobile platforms (App Store / Play Store)
- Expertise in OOP and prototype-based programming and its major Design Patterns
- Confidence with ticketing, bug tracking, and source control (Git) systems
Nice to have
- BA/MA in Information Technology, Informatics or equivalent
- Experience with iBeacon
- Experience with Appcelerator Titanium framework
- Experience with Java for Android
- Know-how of Unit Testing and Continuous Integration practices
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Sketch
- Good grasp of Node.JS and its major patterns
What we can offer you
We commit to treating people the best way we can, with respect and a professional approach. What follows is our offer. We do not want you to commit to an offer that does not fit you. What you see here is what you get, no secrets.
- Employment contract
- Gross Annual Income depending on the experience + additional bonus (personal/Caffeina)
- Restaurant Ticket + free coffee and water 24/7
- Apple workstation
- Welcome kit: 2 t-shirts, 1 sweatshirt, 1 iPhone, 1 Tucano+Caffeina backpack
- (paid for) Conferences and events
- (paid for) Education, online courses, books and documentation
- Research and development on innovative subjects (such as VR, Wearable, IoT, iBeacon)
- Project teams of diverse resources: Developers, Designers, Creatives, and Marketers
- Relaxation (dinners, beers, etc.) offered by Caffeina
- But most of all: you can do the job you like with a team you’ll be proud of
Workplace & Culture
Caffeina is a Creative Digital Agency. Technology, Design, Creativity, and Marketing are in our genes. Our headquarters is located in Parma, a city only one hour away from Milan and Bologna. Parma has a good work/life balance and a fair cost of living.
The work environment is informal and young (the average age here is 28 years old). Most of all, we value what you can do and how well you do it. We work as a team, we help each other and we grow together, project after project.
Our work philosophy is all about merging well-established, effective solutions with new, experimental pathways. Personal input and suggestions are always highly appreciated, as we consider them to be vital for our growth.
Each job application is evaluated one by one. We use a tool to help us manage the selection process and to communicate with all candidates. Unfortunately, every now and then our answers are filtered as Spam: remember to check that folder as well!